Personal data has gained importance with the importance of the Big Data concept. It has become mandatory to take precautions especially for the protection of personal data. With the developing age, easy access to information includes positive developments as well as major risks.
Personal data refers to all kinds of information regarding an identified or identifiable natural person. In this context, not only the information that provides a definitive diagnosis such as the name, surname, date of birth and place of birth of the individual, but also information about the physical, familial, economic, social and other characteristics of the person is personal data. The fact that a person is specific or identifiable means making that person identifiable by associating the existing data with a real person in any way.
For a person to be considered “identified” requires that he/she be distinguished from other members of that community while in a community. Accordingly, the phrase “identifiable” will mean that it is possible to determine the identity of the person even though the identity of the person has not been determined yet. As can be understood, the lower threshold for the fulfilment of this element is to be “identifiable”.
We wanted to provide further information about personal data and data that can be used to identify a person in this article.
Here are the details;
WHAT ARE PERSONAL DATA?
- Identification; name surname, mother’s and father’s name, mother’s maiden name, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, identity card serial number, passport number
- Contact; address, e-mail address, telephone number
- Personnel; payroll information, disciplinary investigation, on boarding-off boarding document records, asset declaration information, resume information, performance evaluation reports
- Legal Action; information in correspondence with judicial authorities, the information in the case file
- Customer Transaction; call centre records, invoice, promissory note, check information, information on the counter, order information, request information
- Physical Space Security; entrance and exit registration information of employees and visitors, camera records, etc.
- Transaction Security; such as IP address information, website login information, memorable word, password and password information
- Risk Management; such as information processed to manage commercial, technical, administrative risks
- Finance; such as balance sheet information, financial performance information, credit and risk information, assets information
- Professional Experience; such as diploma information, courses attended, in-service training information, certificates, transcript information
- Marketing; shopping history information, survey, cookie records, information obtained through campaign work
- Visual and Audio Recordings; such as visual and audio recordings – Real person photographs, sound recordings, vehicle photograph
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFIED DATA?
- Race and Ethnicity; such as information on race and ethnicity
- Political Thought Information; such as political opinion, political party membership information
- Philosophical Belief; Religion, Sect and Other Beliefs, information about religious affiliation, information about philosophical belief, information about sect belonging, information about other beliefs
- Association Membership
- Union Membership
- Health Information; disability information, blood group information, personal health information, device and prosthesis information used
- Sexual Life; personal sexual preference, information about sexual life
- Criminal Convictions and Security Measures such as information on a criminal conviction, information on security measures
- Biometric Data palm information, fingerprint information, retina scan information, face recognition information
- Genetic Data
- Other; Number of children, family booklet, vehicle information (vehicle plate, brand, model, model year, engine chassis number, license registration date, license sample, no-damage information), policy information (whether there is an existing policy, if any, from which company, policy number, policy term), height, weight, planned travel route and duration, information on foreigners’ residence permit, housing information, military personnel information, reference information signature
- Employment Data Company, department, working style, occupation, signature, salary
- Website Usage Data Application form filling date, offers received or not received, date of membership, frequency/times of login to the site, last login date
- Reputation management information collected for the purpose of protecting the commercial reputation of the company and information about the actions taken with the evaluation reports created in this regard.
- Incident management information; Personal data processed in order to take necessary legal, technical and administrative measures against events to protect the commercial rights and interests of the company and the rights and interests of its customers.